Thursday, August 30, 2012

Today is a new day and I am happy to say that since Monday, I have lost 2 pounds.  I did have a small brownie this afternoon after lunch, BUT, only one and it was small.  Tonight for dinner I will eat light with a salad. 

I have begun to realize that I am most definitely eating with stress as my biggest trigger.  I think it must stem from smoking way back to when no one really knew how bad smoking was for you and you could have a smoke just about anywhere.  I vividly remember smoking in movies, airplanes and even in the grocery store and no one thought a thing about it.  I think I remember it so well because I was thin back then and they were my comfort items, not food.  I know this shouldn't be my thoughts, but I often thought if I lived to be over 90 that I would return to smoking and having a coffee with extra cream and a LARGE dunkin donut every day.  It's sick, and I know, and I don't even care.  Hopefully when I am 90 something, I will.

Weight is a funny, or not really, not so funny thing.  It has always amazed me that I can gain 5 pounds in one or two days of fabulous eating, but when I watch what I eat, I can barely lose a pound.  I wonder if it is on the same line as watching a pot of water boiling?  The other phenomena is that it use to be when I walked by a pastry store, I might gain half a pound.  NOW all I have to do is think about a pastry, and poof! it's on me!  Wow, now I'm wondering if I should even be writing about this.....

Ok, here's my menu for the day.  This I do believe works.  Write down daily what you are eating.  Even I get when I have more than 50 items on the list for the day that it might be time to tone it down.  So here it goes:

Breakfast:   2 Eggo Waffles with lite syrup and spray butter
                   Coffee

Snack:          1/2 cup cottage cheese with blueberries and grapes

Lunch:          2 slices of provolone cheese with 2 slices turkey breast - no bread
                    a handful of chips  (I know, I know, but they were with vinegar and salt :(, my favorite)
                    brownie

I guess this is where I bomb the losing weight test because I actually think this looks pretty good.  Pretty telling I suppose.

Well, let's move on and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment